In order to keep our world healthy, fertile and liveable, the Den Ouden Group has set itself the goal of reducing CO2 emissions by 1% per year by 2020.
We achieve this by, among other things:
- Processing green waste into high-quality products such as biomass and soil improvers;
- Taking on sustainable projects, such as the cradle-to-cradle 'Roundabout of Tomorrow' in Venlo;
- Making procurement policy more sustainable, such as electrical or hybrid alternatives to equipment.
- Making our buildings more sustainable, such as installing solar panels, new, more efficient heating systems and insulation for our head office and the weighbridge buildings.
- Participation in regional and national CO2 reduction initiatives, such as the Helmonds Energy Community (HEC) and the Netherlands CO2 Neutral.
The Den Ouden Group is certified at the highest level of the CO2 performance ladder. This means that we are not only continuously improving our CO2 reduction performance within the company, but also exerting influence outside our own supply chain.
More information about the certificate can be found on the Den Ouden Group company page of Stichting Klimaatvriendelijk Aanbesteden en Ondernemen (SKAO).
Den Ouden Group is certified at the highest level of the CO2 performance ladder. This means that we not only continuously make improvements in the field of CO2 reduction within the company, but our influence also extends beyond our own chain.
- policy Statement
- sustainability Report
- carbon footprint
- energy Management
- chain Initiatives
- CO2 Reduction Certificate