Green Roof Substrate is one of the most important parts of a green roof. We can roughly divide the green roof substrate into an extensive (mineral substrate, mainly for Sedum roofs) and intensive (mostly thicker cultivation stratum for various plants and trees) substrate. Within these, there are a few different compositions, concerning which, we mainly focus on; pore volume, moisture buffer/water buffer, water permeability, organic matter and specific gravity.
Of course, a proper nutritional quality is the basis, looking at N-nitrogen, P-Phosphate, K-Potassium and other main- / trace elements. These can possibly be complemented by fertilizers. In short, you can always have the correct composition and soil for every plant or tree in seemingly the most impossible spots.
Our Green Roof Substrate is delivered with a certificate and provided with the necessary laboratory analyses and fully certified for export within and outside Europe. If you desire a specific composition, we can create a customized product. Our production location is roofed, which enables us to supply high-quality products continuously. We can deliver our products in bulk, in big bags, in 35 litre bags or by use of an express blower.
Advantages of green roof substrate
Ecological advantage of green roof substrate
- Buffering and delayed draining of rainwater
- Building insulation
- Mitigation of heating of the city (Urban Heat Island effect)
- Reduction of noise pollution
- Reduction of CO2 footprint
- Enlarging bio-diversity
Aesthetic advantage of green roof substrate
- People feel better in a green environment
- Green roofs contribute to a green, sustainable appearance
- The view from residential towers on a green roof is more pleasant
Economical advantage of green roof substrate
- Extending the lifespan by resolving UV radiation
- A green roof ensures a value increase of buildings and the neighborhood.
- Research shows that absenteeism reduces, whereas human creativity improves.
Scope green roof substrate
- Green roofs
- Patio and balcony planting
- Green walls
- All places where a lightweight substrate is needed
Click here for our productcatalog.